Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Taco Lasagna

One of my creations which I may have gotten an idea from someone else somewhere along the line but it was so long ago I can't remember where. Had to post this for my girlfriend today.

What you need:
-Tortillas (flour/corn/whole wheat are all fine. You may want to fry them ahead of time, I usually don't.)
- A can of diced tomatoes or a cup of salsa
-TWO cans of beans, drained (kidney/pinto/ or black). I use two different types.
-A can of refried beans.
-1 lb ground beef, cooked
-1-2 packages taco seasoning or your own taco seasoning.
-Shredded cheese (any type, we like cheddar)

1. Mix the tomatoes (or salsa), beef, and beans including refried beans.
2. Add 1 package of taco seasoning, add more to taste. I usually use 1.5packages.
3. Spray a round casserole dish with non-stick spray.
4. Start with a layer of tortillas. I leave the tortillas whole if I can but then rip one in half to make them fit in the dish.
5. Add a layer of bean mix and then some shredded cheese. Top with more tortillas and repeat until ending with bean mix. Top with shredded cheese. (To save money and calories I usually only top my casserole with cheese instead of including in each layer).
6. Bake at 350F for 45mins or until heated through. Cut pieces like a pie to serve.

We just had this but ate it too fast for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment