Saturday, June 5, 2010

Flat Bread Veggie Pizza

Last night my husband had a guy's night out. There were several commercials for Papa John's (my favorite fast-food type pizza place in Minnesota). I knew that would be expensive and incredibly unhealthy so I went a different route.

Aldi's "Fit n' Active" brand sells multi-grain flat bread. Each piece is only 100 calories. Not bad.

I cranked up the heat to 370F and sprayed both sides of the bread with non-stick spray. I baked them for 5mins and then took them out to add the toppings. These directions are all on the package. You think I could be creative every now and then but...might as well go with tried and true.


After the pre-bake I added my toppings. I didn't show this off too well but here they are cut up and waiting. 

I used tomato, red pepper, sweet onion, spinach, mushrooms, pasta sauce, and fat free shredded cheese. My intention was to use just 1/4cup cheese on each on but they really need a full 1/2 cup. I also added a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and some Italian seasoning on each of the pizzas.

The directions on the Fit n' Active package suggest I baked these for another 8-10mins or until the cheese melted. The cheese melted in 3mins. Even if I had a half cup of cheese I don't think they would need 8-10mins. 

The finished product.

Pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment