Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spicy Chinese Tacos

From Pillsbury Everyday Family Suppers 2007

-box 12 hard taco shells
-3boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bit size strips (I dice)
-i tsp gingerroot. you can freeze this!
-1 small glove garlic (I use the jarred stuff sometimes)
-2tbls soy sauce
-1 tbls honey
-1 large green onion
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce



*I like to double sauce ingredients. You can use water instead of doubling the soy sauce if you want to watch the salt. Also be careful with the red pepper flakes. Omit or make some with and some without for children who may not care for spicy.

1. Cook gingeroot, garlic, and chicken 3-5mins over med-high heat until lightly browned.
2. Stir in soy sauce, honey, onion, and red pepper to coat. reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5mins. stir occasionally. I like to let mine boiling lightly until the sauce thickens.  Cook until chicken is cooked through.


3. put about 1/4cup chicken in taco shell and top with lettuce. 





I'm usually a soft shell taco kinda girl but these are really best in hard shells and if you like lettuce ...well to me it's a must!

I served this with some green beans sautéed with mushrooms. I'm not sure if it was the green beans or maybe the sesame seeds I topped it (they are a bit old) with but they came out tasting like cardboard. It was a sad green bean day.



No comments:

Post a Comment