Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lemony Chicken

This is an amazing and easy recipe to throw together quickly. I've also used bone in chicken thighs.
A friend first made this for me and I had to have the recipe. I was then introduced to one of my favorite cooking blogs (noted at end).

I mostly followed the recipe linked at the bottom of the page but here's my version:

Ingredients:

-1-2lbs of BLSL chicken breasts. I say 1-2. The recipe calls for 1 but the chicken I have is packaged in 1.25 so that's what I used. Really this is not science. Just make as much as you need.
-1 egg plus a little water whisked. Set in bowl.
-1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs. Maybe more; if you run out add more. And if you only have plain just season them yourself! Set in separate bowl.
-juice of one large lemon or bottle o' lemon juice (I had the bottle).
-1tbsp butter
-olive oil

1. I filleted the chicken breasts and then cut them in half. Then I mutilated them with a meat tenderizer pounder thing.
2. Dredge them in the egg. Then coat them with the bread crumbs.
3. Heat a few tbls Olive Oil in pan. I know it's hot enough when I throw in a few drops of water and it sizzles. Don't be crazy and throw in a buncha water! Just enough to get your hand wet! Add the butter.
4. Put the chicken pieces in the pan. Honestly I preheated my oil added a pat of butter and then dredged them and put them right in the pan. If you're slow moving you might want to coat them and then heat your oil but I like to skip steps and move fast.
5. I waited until things really got sizzlin' and then squirted that bottle o' lemony goodness right in the pan. I would say I used between 1/4-1/2cup. Whoooooaa does it sizzle! It's a great sound.
6. Once the first side was nice and crispy I flipped em.
7. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans. Veggies are preferred :)

Boy was it GOOD! And quite juicy!

Things you can do different:
1. Skip the egg or use only the egg white.
2. Skip the butter.
3. Substitute veggie oil for olive...or canola or whatever.

I think that's it. It's really really easy. Mine came out looking just a little burnt in places but so did Naomi's and it wasn't. It's just the nature of the beast. It was AMAZING. 



http://www.suburbanbliss.net/suburbanbliss/2010/03/did-they-eat-it-crusty-lemon-chicken.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment