Sunday, May 23, 2010

Super Easy Pot Roast

This is a recipe I found on Recipezaar and tweaked. Here's my tweak and the link to the original recipe:


Ingredients
2-3 lbs roast (depends on the size of your crock pot)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope lipton's instant onion soup mix
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (can use low fat)

2-4 cubed potatoes
.5-1lb baby carrots or carrot chunks
large cubes of onion
1-2containers of fresh mushrooms, washed well, I like Baby bellas best and I love that I can find them at Aldi sometimes

Directions
1. Put roast in pot.
2. Sprinkle envelope of soup on top.
3. Pour mushroom soup on top of all.
4. Cook on low for about 8 hours.

From Recipezaar.com
http://www.recipezaar.com/Easy-Crock-Pot-Roast-32215

So easy a caveman could do it. Andy did it. Not that I'm comparing him to a caveman...or AM I?

It was REALLY good with some fav sides (we did green beans and mashed potatoes) and provided plenty of leftovers to make other things with. Maybe soup or hot sandwiches. And it's good enough that we wouldn't mind eating again as is. I think it's soft enough that I can give little pieces to MJ although I didn't have a chance to try tonight. Will def make this again. Might add mushrooms if I have them on hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment